Monday, October 12, 2009

Remembering Bali 12/10/02

bali
Photo from Wikipedia

October 12 (Bali Bombings)
CJ Levinson

I wonder what you saw
When you looked at the world?
Did you see how far we'd come?
I wish I’d known how to open your eyes
So that you could really see

You asked me why I don't believe in God
And I still don't know if I can explain
All I know is the saddest thing I've ever seen
Took all my faith away

On October 12
October 12

I looked for you amongst the ashes
Of that terrible, broken place
But the smoke caught in my eyes and lungs
And pain was all I could see

I stayed up for days, trying to find an answer
But you were gone forever
And the last time I saw you
Is the last thing I'll remember
Lying broken beneath bags of ice
Gone forever

On October 12
October 12

We were so young
Thinking we could live forever
We could never really see

But I’ll wait for you
And I’ll remember you
Forever

cjlevinson 2007

2 comments:

  1. What a poem!

    Thank you for taking the time to comment about Evan and especially for your prayers. Tell your son that Evan had a great birthday even though his sister wasn't allowed to visit. AND he may get to go home soon. Possibly today or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so pleased Evan is going home soon....pity about his sister though!

    Please keep us updated on progress and medication if needed .

    Kathleen
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat, please talk to me!